Ian Thomas, Director of Education for Derbyshire, has urged primary schools to invest the new ‘Sport Premium’ funding wisely, recognising that school sport Partnerships in Derbyshire are thriving and play a major part in organising and promoting PE and sport. (See the Derbyshire Plan for PE and School Sport)
The valuable contribution SSPs make has been rewarded with investment from Derbyshire County Council. this makes us key partners in delivering the targets laid out in the Derbyshire Plan for PE and school sport.
‘Sport Premium’ investment from cluster primaries will enable us to build on our core work, outlined in this report, and to work strategically with the other SSPs across Derbyshire to improve links to coaches and local sports clubs.
In turn this will allow us to pool resources and negotiate better deals to offer even more programmes to improve your Physical Education, Everyday Activity and Health and Wellbeing provision.
- Continuous Professional Development – to enhance curriculum delivery and fulfil Ofsted requirements.
- Scootability – help infants develop cycle skills and fundamentals of movement.
- Bikeability – help your key stage 2 and 3 pupils learn invaluable road safety skills and develop fitness.
- InfantsActive – create fun activities to develop fundamental movement skills.
- Club Link Maker – developing links between schools and community sports clubs in sports like hockey, netball, cycling, cricket, golf and rugby.
- Change4Life Sports Clubs – an extracurricular sports club, designed to increase physical activity levels in less active children.
- Five60 programme – learning healthy eating patterns through physical activity.
- Chance to Shine – cricket school-club link coaching programme.
- Golf Foundation-Tri Golf – free coaching and cluster festival.
- Matalan ‘Top Sport – help Key Stage 2 pupils develop their ball sports by building on core skills.
- Bupa ‘Start to Move’ – KS1 / reception core skills.
- Tailored packages:
With over 12 years experience supporting schools to deliver high quality PE & school sport, your SSP is also able to offer bespoke packages to schools which may help meet your more specific needs, such as:
- Physical Literacy intervention – An intervention programme targeting pupils with poor physical literacy. Up to 10 weeks of support. Bespoke packages to be developed with each school.
- Identifying & extending G&T students – CPD & support to help identify & challenge your most able students in PE. Ideas for activities & resources.1/2 day with 3 hours of follow up support
- Advanced Competition – Organise high quality coaches from our CRB cleared database to support in the run up to cluster competitions (Talk to us about your needs).
- Funding – Access to specialist bid writer.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR 2013/14 OFFERS: