With good overall conditions and nothing but blue skies this years cross county proved to be as popular as ever, with an amazing 92 children taking part. Overall 29 of our primary schools had students competing in the race which is truly outstanding.
All 92 runners should be extremely proud of their efforts in reaching the SSP finals and for their performances on the day. It was fantastic to see so many talented runners competing for the top spots as well as getting to watch lots of the School Games Values being demonstrated by lots of our other runners.
This year we would like to celebrate the runners that demonstrated the spirit of the games values of: determination, passion, self-belief, respect and honesty. To celebrate these values we have decided to pick a boy and a girl as this years spirit of the games winners (schools will find out soon).
We would also like to give Baslow St Anne’s CE Primary School a special mention for getting an amazing 12 runners through to the SSP finals, a new record!
1st Bakewell Cluster
2nd QEGS Cluster
3rd Hope Valley Cluster
4th Highields Cluster
5th Anthony Gell Cluster
1st Highfields Cluster
2nd QEGS Cluster
3rd Bakewell Cluster
4th Hope Valley Cluster
5th Anthony Gell Cluster
Finally we would like to say a massive thank you to all of the SSCO’s, QEGS Sports Leaders and the Highfields Sports Apprentices for helping to make this years event the best yet!
Our brand new Newsletter for January 2016 is out now and available to view here on our website. You can catch up on all sorts including:
- Autumn Term winners;
- Upcoming events for your diary including the incredibly popular Change4Life conference at Arc Leisure in Matlock;
- The Derbyshire Schools’ Cross Country Championships;
Click here to read it in full!
In this month’s newsletter read more about:
- RDSSP Young Leaders volunteering at the Level 4 Sainsbury’s School Games in Manchester;
- The all-new line up Highfields and RDSSP Apprentice Team;
- The RDSSP Talent Academy;
- And, a heads up on what’s coming up this term!
Click on the photo to the left to view the newsletter online. Or you can click here.
Our June Newsletter is now available to view online. This month’s issue features news on:
- Two inclusive sporting events that took place in Wirksworth and Buxton;
- Info on FREE PE and Sport inclusion training delivered by 9-time Paralympic medallist, Martin Mansell;
- Congratulations to students at Anthony Gell School and good luck to Clifton C of E Primary School youngsters;
- Dates for your diary and results round up.
Click here or on the photo above to view online.
In this month’s newsletter you’ll find details on –
- Highfields School’s 10th annual Sports Leadership Awards evening
- Former RDSSP Young Leader, Todd Cloake’s funding boost for inclusive, disability sport in Hartington
- Osmaston School sporting success
- Change4Life Health Champion event in Matlock
- Anthony Gell students at ShAFF
- Your Results Round Up
- What’s coming up this term
You can view it online by clicking here or on the photo below.
March issue includes:
– Teacher Training in Derbyshire Dales
– Former QEGS Young Leader’s Bid for Inclusive Sport
– Highfields #ThisGirlCan Video
– Anthony Gell Students Head for Adventure at Film Festival
– Sports Apprentices Make a Difference
– Bikeability Success
– Results Round-up
– Events Calendar
Click on the front cover or here to view, print and download a pdf version of the newsletter
November issue includes:
– Derbyshire Schools’ Sports Awards Winners
– Women In Sport Conference Report
– Meet our new Sports Apprentices
– Manchester School Games Report
And dates for your diary:
OPEN U11 BOYS AND GIRLS TABLE TENNIS
2.30-5.30pm, Tues 18th November, Lady Manners
ROLE OF WOMEN IN SPORT FILM
The film will be screened at a Careers in Sport evening from 6.30-7.30pm on Tuesday 18th November at Highfields (Upper School), Matlock, DE4 5NA.
MIDDAY SUPERVISOR TRAINING
9.30 – 11am, Friday 21st November, The Arc Leisure Centre, Matlock
DELIVERING OUTSTANDING PE AND SCHOOL SPORT CONFERENCE
9am to 3.30pm, Friday 28th November, Buxton Community School
Click on the front cover to read the newsletter or use this link to share either as a pdf.